New Charlesbourg high school
This new building feature wood and aluminum, as well as outdoor classrooms and a natural multisport field.
The Société québécoise des infrastructures (SQI) has contracted the Coarchitecture and Brigad consortium to build a high school in Charlesbourg, on the site of the former Jardin zoologique de Québec. The school will accommodate up to 1,256 students and 130 teaching and non-teaching staff. It will include an open-air public square, covered outdoor spaces for teaching, as well as several facilities accessible to the community. The building will feature five learning zones and a sports center with five modular platforms. In addition, collective spaces such as a food hub, a biophysical hub, an atrium and an auditorium will also be included. A total surface area of 19,275 m² is currently under construction. The project is aiming for LEED Gold certification.
Architectural firm Coarchitecture turned to BIM One for strategic support and training in integrating BIM into its practices. As a result of this collaboration, BIM One was selected by the Coarchitecture and Brigad consortium to provide both architectural and overall BIM management for the new Charlesbourg high school project.
Location: Québec, QC, Canada
Budget: 88 000 000 $
Duration: 2020 – 2024
Realization: Construction management
Firms: Coarchitecture / Brigad, CIMA + / STANTEC, EBC
Our client: Consortium Coarchitecture and Brigad
Our role: Main BIM Manager and BIM Architecture Manager
BIM USES REQUIRED
3D design review
3D construction coordination
Modeling real-life conditions
Transfert of as-built models
OUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MAIN BIM MANAGER
- Prepare distribution of terms and conditions of the BIM agreement (BIM Management Plan signed by all stakeholders) affecting BIM deployment strategy and modeling strategy;
- Produce federated models for the 3D coordination, clash detection workshops, constructability analysis, client concept follow-up;
- Plan and coordinate BIM management meetings;
- Write the BIM execution plan structure.
BIM ARCHITECTURE MANAGEMENT
- Support the architecture team in the deployment of BIM processes;
- Support the management of digital models in terms of modeling and the use of digital clash analysis tools;
- Bring all together BIM stakeholders around 3D coordination based on automatic clash detection;
- Set up a centralized register, identifying the various BIM stakeholders in the project, enabling rapid updating following changes resulting from the integration of new resources;
- Develop in-house digital tools enabling the automation of certain control points, in order to carry out continuous quality control (excluding BIM deliverables).